Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Data Model not display expected Computed Column : Data Object
RRK
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am trying to use a data model in a report which is connected to a Data Object as a Data source.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The problem I am getting here is that the computed column "AVERAGE_AMOUNT" is not getting displayed in data model.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Please find attached files which will show old and new scenario which I tried.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Data_Object.datadesign : I have created this data design file which will generate .data file : Data_Object.data</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Data_Object.data : Generated from Data_Object.datadesign</p>
<p> </p>
<p>BIRT_REPORT.rptdesign : Report which is using Data_Object.data as Data source but getting problem in fetching AVERAGE_AMOUNT column in data model.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Also I have attached screen shots which will explain the problem.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Problem : When a new computed column is created in existing data design it does reflect this computed column when used in BIRT report.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Please note : Create a new .data file before generating this report as its not allowing to add .data file to this post.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I guess this is some referencing issue but not quit sure.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Please let me know if I am doing something wrong in this case.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks in Advance!!!</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
RRK
<p>could some one look into this ?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks in advance</p>
pricher
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>You have probably created the computed field AVERAGE_AMOUNT after you already created your Data Model. In that case, you need to add the new column manually to the list that appears in the Categories listing. To do so:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>1. Right click on the category where you want to add the field and choose New Column:</p>
<p>
RRK
<p>Thanks Pierre this what I was looking for!!!!</p>