Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
External BIRT Viewer for BMC Remedy
Mike Chepaykin
<div>
<p>Hi.</p>
<p>I need to run Remedy WEB reports and custom reports made in BIRT Designer with arsys.oda driver datasources.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Right now I can create and run reports directly in BIRT 4.5 Designer. But I need to run them in BIRT Viewer. I tried one which is coming with BIRT Runtime package (WebViewerExample). Now, when I try to run report in viewer Im getting error in viewer log:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Unable to load or instantiate the custom ODA driver class. (com.bmc.arsys.oda.runtime.impl.ARDriver)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>But I put all three jar files from midtier to WEB-INF\lib direcroty of viewer, and this is the only jar files that were needed by BIRT Designer to create and run reports with BMC Remedy datasources:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>com.bmc.arsys.oda.designtime_8.1.0.build001.jar</p>
<p>com.bmc.arsys.oda.runtime_8.1.0.build001.jar</p>
<p>com.bmc.arsys.studio.api_8.1.0.build001.jar</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Can anybody tell me, how to configure standalone BIRT Viewer to run Remedy WEB reports?</p>
</div>
<p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>I do not have access to a BMC Remedy data source. However, I just tested with MySQL by creating a clean deployment without the MySQL driver and publishing a report that uses it. I get the same type of error about unable to load the driver. I then added the driver into the WEB-INF\lib directory of the deployment and after a restart of tomcat the report is running as expected.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Did you make sure to restart your web server after adding the oda jars?</p>
Mike Chepaykin
<p>Hi Jesse, thanx for your reply.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Sure I did restart Tomcat, twice.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Is there any difference in using jdbc and oda drivers by BIRT Viewer? Is there any difference in using data access drivers by Designer and Viewer? How can I turn on most verbose Viewer logs to see - why exactly Viewer cant find jar files in WEB-INF\lib directory?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I can share data access driver jars with you but you have to have BMC Remedy ARS server installed to use them. Do you?</p>
JFreeman
<p>I do not have access to a BMC Remedy installation.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The ODA needs to be in the class/build path which should be in the WEB-INF/lib directory.</p>
<p>Perhaps it is a dependency issue that is happening.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>You can increase the log level in the web.xml for the viewer:</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint _lang-xml">
<context-param>
<param-name>BIRT_VIEWER_LOG_LEVEL</param-name>
<param-value>WARNING</param-value>
</context-param>
</pre>
<p>I would change it to INFO or DEBUG and try again to see if you can get more detailed errors.</p>
Mike Chepaykin
<p>Hi Jesse.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Here is viewer log with log level ALL:</p>
<p> </p>
<p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1LfLtGu413aM094WlliVGZvR0U/view?usp=sharing'>https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1LfLtGu413aM094WlliVGZvR0U/view?usp=sharing</a></p>
;
<p> </p>
<p>Here is ODA driver jar file:</p>
<p> </p>
<p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1LfLtGu413aVWhqcjB4TXFEY2s/view?usp=sharing'>https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1LfLtGu413aVWhqcjB4TXFEY2s/view?usp=sharing</a></p>
;
<p> </p>
<p>Could it be a problem, that this jar has "nested" jar file with actual classes of the driver?</p>
JFreeman
<p>The nested JAR may be the source of the issue.</p>
<p>Can you extract the nested JAR into the WEB-INF/lib and see if you get a different result?</p>