Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Cannot find the HTML elements.
mehdiesteghamat
<p>hi All,</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I would like to be able to read value of a hidden input text which I created as part of embedded html using Text box html. I have a button to do that for me. I use document.findElementByID to grab the element but it fails (ie. Object doesn't support this property or method).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The function definition is after the element just to make sure the element is in the dome when the function is called. (I used a separate text box for the script which comes after the one for the text element.) </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have no clue why the function cannot find the element. How can we access report parameters in client-side when the report has just been loaded. I know when we post the page back we can get them as URL variables not the case when it is loaded for the first time.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any comment would be very helpful.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank you,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Soosho</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<div>function AddColumn()</div>
<div>{</div>
<div>columnList = document.getElementById("columnList");</div>
<div>}</div>
<div> </div>
<div><input name="columnList" id="columnList" type="hidden" value="the value"/></div>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>What version of BIRT are you using?</p>
<p>If you examine the DOM tree, do you see the element even though the code isn't hooking it correctly?</p>
<p>Can you attach a sample report based on classic models or a flat file data source that replicates the configuration and issue?</p>
mehdiesteghamat
<p>Hi Jesse,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am using BIRT 2.3. In the attached example I have a hidden non-required parameter and a HTML text input.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I would like to able to access both the parameter and the element from client side JavaScript functions.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank you,</p>
mehdiesteghamat
<p>Thank you I found the solution hear. I just added Javascript codes to RunFragment.jsp and FramesetFragment.jsp.</p>
<p> </p>
<p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/11808-birt-23-external-javascript/'>http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/11808-birt-23-external-javascript/</a></p>
;
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank you,</p>
<p>Soo</p>
JFreeman
<p>Sorry for the delay.</p>
<p>I'm glad to see you got it figured out.</p>
<p>Thanks for posting your solution.</p>