Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to print main table only not the embedded html controls?
mehdiesteghamat
<p>Hi All,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have embedded html controls into a BIRT report just to let users set the parameters interactively. When it comes to printing them in the report, I pretty much get everything in my reports including the HTML form elements. I do html embedding by setting the text value of a Text box during onRender event.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am wondering if there is any way to get rid of HTML form elements and just print the main table of the report when users hit the print buttons in the tool box.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Please let me know.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Your comments are well appreciated.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank you,</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>You could try adding another HTML element with a button that acts like a "print view" and hides or removes all content in the page except for the main table.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I've not tested it, but I believe it will probably be the simplest solution.</p>
mehdiesteghamat
<p>Thank you works find!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Soosho</p>
JFreeman
<p>You're welcome.</p>
<p>Let us know if you have additional questions.</p>
mehdiesteghamat
<p>hi Jesse,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Just one more ask. In BIRT 2.3, I see when there are to many columns, the exports (PDF or Excel) are not well formatted. Columns are so narrow even if I select Actual size. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>In my report, the are plenty of columns when I create the report table initially using designer; however, users can interact with the report to reduce number of columns. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>When users reduce their selected columns, I set the display to "none." for others during the table's onPrepare event.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>sth like: this.getColumn(i).getStyle().display = "none";</p>
<p> </p>
<p>However, I still see the exports columns are too narrow and they are not as well formatted as users can see before on the browser.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I don't see such effect in BIRT 4.5.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Please let me know if there is a better way to hide columns other than: </p>
<p> </p>
<p>this.getColumn(i).getStyle().display = "none"; in 2.3.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>so that I can get better exports.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank you,</p>
JFreeman
<p>Which excel emitter are you using with 2.3?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>This may be a case of an emitter limitation in the older version that has since been resolved in new versions.</p>