Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.ApplicationClassLoader Memory Leak
richie.riviere
<p><span>Hi,<br><br>
I have a web application that I have integrated BIRT reports into. The version of the BIRT engine that I have used is 3.7.2. The application is deployed over IBM websphere 6.1.<br><br>
For the most part the application works well but roughly once every two weeks I get an OutOfMemory Excetion on my WebSphere server. I've finally got my hands on a deap dump and I can see that the main offender is the following BIRT reports class...<br><br>
org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.ApplicationClassLoader<br><br>
Unfortunately that's about all the information I have.<br><br>
Does anyone know of any known issues with this class or can anyone suggest why I might be having this problem.<br><br>
Thanks in advance.</span></p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>I am not aware of any reported issues about a memory leak with that class.</p>
<p>Can you see the continuous memory growth of the report engine occurring over time?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If there is in fact a memory leak occurring, my guess is it is going to be something specific to a combination of your web sphere version and BIRT version.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>You could try upgrading to a newer version such as 4.5 or using a different web server such as tomcat in test environment and see if the issue still occurs. That will help to narrow down where the issue may be coming from.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Without more information it is hard to be more specific. </p>