Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Problem getting group total on first page
QDeca
<p>Hello,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm creating a report displaying a table organized into groups, and I would like to display the sum of values pertaining to a group, but in the first page. I already found a solution to get the page total for each page, but for a group total it seems to be a lot more complicated. The catch is that :</p>
<p> </p>
<p>- I can"t really get that from a modification from the SQL query, because I tried and added a column like that : (select (sum(value) from Table t2 where t1.group = t2.group)) ; but all it did was make Eclipse freeze, due to the fact that the table is far too massive to be read multiples times like this. (Perhaps there is a better way that doesnt involve re-reading the table?)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>- I would like to avoid putting it on the masterpage if possible, since I'd like the total to come right after the last row of the table.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I've created a report using the Classic Models data source which recreates a part of my report, in which I've left blank the space where my group total should be.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If anyone has the time to check it out and see if they have any idea how to solve this, I would be really grateful.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks in advance and thanks for reading anyway.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Qdeca</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nimpo
<div>Hello,</div>
<div> </div>
<div>I had the same blocking and the only workaround found was to create a separate query that generates the sum and I displays it directly to the first page.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>and if someone another solution I am also interested :ph34r:</div>
RRK
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have attached a modified report where I have added aggregated column in table which calculates group total.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Is this you were looking for ?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Please let me know</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
QDeca
<p>That seems to work perfectly ! I expected that to be a lot harder to solve, thanks a lot for your solution !</p>
RRK
<p>Good to hear this ...
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Cheers!!!</p>