Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Concatenate two rows of a joint data set in a particular way
Mario Alessandro Fabraccio
<p>Good morning,</p>
<p>I'm using birt to make .csv files (CSV Emitter) from .xml files to integrate the IBM discovery TADDM with BMC ADDM.</p>
<p>I try to simplify my problem:</p>
<p>I have a joint data set with two columns:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Mainframe LPAR</p>
<p>a q</p>
<p>a y</p>
<p>a z</p>
<p>b y</p>
<p>c u</p>
<p>c g</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The result I want to obtain is the following:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Mainframe LPAR</p>
<p>a ""</p>
<p>b y</p>
<p>c ""</p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;background-color:rgb(244,244,244);">Any help or direction is greatly appreciated.</span></p>
<p><span style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;background-color:rgb(244,244,244);">Thanks</span></p>
<p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
PaulCooper
<p>Try using a table grouped on Mainframe and add an aggregate (say agg_concat) binding using function of CONCATENATE with a Separator of <span style="color:#ff0000;">','</span> (single quote, comma then another single quote).Then add another binding (say concat) that checks the agg_concat value for a quote character (.indexOf("<span style="color:#ff0000;">'</span>") ) and if it contains it do " + "']" else return row["agg_concat"]. Use this second binding in your table.</p>
Mario Alessandro Fabraccio
<p>thank you for your reply.</p>
<p>It works perfectly!!!!</p>