Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to bind datacube data to a highcharts heat map in a custom visualisation?
Peter W
<p>Hi there.<br><br>
I have some time series data with measurement values that are organised in a data cube.<br>
I would like to use the highchart heatmap in a custom visualization to visualize this data cube.<br>
Moreover, I would like to drill up/down along the time levels.<br><br>
How can I achieve the data binding at all?<br><br>
The actuate.XTabAnalyzer class always seems to require an html viewer.<br>
I have found no JSAPI functions to access the underlying cube data without using the html viewer.<br><br>
Is there a way to access the cube data and feed it into a custom visualization such as the heatmap without displaying the viewer?<br><br>
If I cannot use the actuate.xtabanalyzer.Driller class: How can I drill up/down the datacube dimensions ?<br><br>
Some design advice is appreciated.Of course, some example report would be even better.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am using BIRT 3.1 with Actuate Java Components as a runtime.<br>
</p>
<p>Thanks, Peter</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Peter W
<p>Hi there,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>eventually, it was sufficient for me</p>
<ol><li>to work with a standard BIRT scatter chart (instead of the heat map)</li>
<li>to take the primary collection of the data cube</li>
<li>to use the standard aggregation features for charts with time categories in combination with a before factory trigger.</li>
</ol><p>Using the before factory trigger with a report parameter for the desired aggregation interval allowed me to dynamically change the aggregation level as originally intended with the drill down/up mechanism of the data cube.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Rgds. Peter</p>
<p> </p>
<p>before factory trigger:<br>
importPackage(Packages.org.eclipse.birt.chart.model);<br>
importPackage(Packages.org.eclipse.birt.chart.model.attribute);<br><br>
rptDesignHandle = reportContext.getReportRunnable().designHandle.getDesignHandle();<br>
chart = rptDesignHandle.findElement("mongochart");<br>
item = chart.getReportItem();<br>
cm = item.getProperty("chart.instance");<br><br>
xAxis = cm.getAxes().get(0);<br>
xSeriesDef = xAxis.getSeriesDefinitions().get(0);<br>
xGrouping = xSeriesDef.getGrouping();<br><br>
if (params["Group"].equals("Minutes")) {<br>
xGrouping.setGroupingUnit(GroupingUnitType.MINUTES_LITERAL);<br>
} else if (params["Group"].equals("Hours")) {<br>
xGrouping.setGroupingUnit(GroupingUnitType.HOURS_LITERAL);<br>
} else if (params["Group"].equals("Days")) {<br>
xGrouping.setGroupingUnit(GroupingUnitType.DAYS_LITERAL);<br>
} else if (params["Group"].equals("Weeks")) {<br>
xGrouping.setGroupingUnit(GroupingUnitType.WEEKS_LITERAL);<br>
} else if (params["Group"].equals("Months")) {<br>
xGrouping.setGroupingUnit(GroupingUnitType.MONTHS_LITERAL);<br>
} else if (params["Group"].equals("Years")) {<br>
xGrouping.setGroupingUnit(GroupingUnitType.YEARS_LITERAL);<br>
}<br><br>
xGrouping.setGroupingInterval(params["Groupintervall"].value);<br>
</p>
rajani_interwove
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Can you please send an example report which show binding a data cube to a chart.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Regards,</p>
<p>rajni</p>