Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Birt report using POJO as a datasource
adityakakani
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have written a small application for using java POJO as a datasource. This application will retrive data from database to the POJO and I have the implementation class for iteration. We are doing this because we have some encrypted data for some fields in database which we need to decrypt and display the data if required. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>The applciation works, but when we export the jar and into the birt design while designing this report I have set all the jar's required to run this in the run time jars.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>But some how it is not able to recongise the oracle database driver jar. I have tried the thin driver and the driver from the birt plugin folder. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>It always throws the org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.OdaException </p>
<p> Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException</p>
<p> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver</p>
<p> </p>
<p>This is a classic classpath error we get in java but in birt I am not able to find where to set this. I have given the jars in runtime also and also altered the classpath file of the jars. I have set these jars in the windows system variables too.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Can anyone please let me know if there is a a way to solve this problem. Is there a way to set the path so that birt can recognize these jars while running the report.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks in advance,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Best,</p>
<p>Netaji</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>What version of BIRT are you using?</p>
<p>Where specifically have you placed the jar for your POJO?</p>
<p>Where specifically have you placed the oracle JDBC driver jars?</p>