Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
TeamSite 5.5.2 Revert Corrupts Files?
System
When I use sourcediff to compare two versions of a file (specifically an XML file), everything looks fine. But when I revert to the previous version of the file the reverted data seems to be truncated at some random point in the file.
Does anyone else see this or is it something specific to my environment?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
thrivent_greg
We already have an open issue on this one. Interwoven has acknowledged it's a bug and are working on a patch for it. In the meantime, I've discovered the following workaround to revert a file to a previous version:
1. Edit the existing version of the file in your workarea. Delete everything in the entire file and save it as an empty file.
2. Now that the file in the workarea has a size of 0, you should be able to revert it to any previous version.
Migrateduser
Nice of them not to respond to this issue on devnet. Seems like if there's one thing a version control system should do, its control versions.
How can they release software with bugs this significant?
thrivent_greg
I was also pretty shocked such a bug could make it through Interwoven's QA. I'm also amazed there haven't been any other posts from people discovering this bug. I guess we must be the only ones who occasionally make mistakes and need to go back to a previous version of a file.
thrivent_greg
I just got an email from them saying the fix for this problem will be in SP3 due out April 11th. Coinincidence? or did Interwoven happen to actually read our thread?
Migrateduser
This problem (along with many others) was fixed on 3/27/03 with the release of patch 1318.
https://support.interwoven.com/patches/download_patches.asp?id=1318
mason
Thanks for this post - we were experiencing the same problem with our newly upgraded TS 5.5.2 server. It was not consistent, but many times it would revert half of the file.