Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
What is the use of datacube
Birty Terrace
<p>Hi All,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am new to BIRT. While developing sample application, I used cube to generate charts and tables.</p>
<p>But when I switched to iHub, I am only able to use data set but no cube. [refer attachments in design file I created a data set and a data cube and in dashboard I m using data and data design. But I don't see my data cube only data set. Why so???]</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If it is the expected behavior, then what data cube is doing????</p>
<p>How can I use data cube in true sense???</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Please help!! </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>For use with dashboards, you should use data models instead of data cubes and then use the data model as the source data for the dashboard.</p>
Birty Terrace
<p>Hi Jesse,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks for the reply. But, can you provide inputs on data cube like when should I use data cubes?, what is the purpose of data cube?..etc.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>For data cubes, I figured out that, it separates the repeated data and shows only optimized data. Is it the correct understanding?? </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Regards,</p>
<p>Birty</p>
JFreeman
<p>The primary use of data cubes is to sort the data set it into dimensions/measures with aggregations for the creation of dynamic crosstabs.</p>