Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
TeamSite Comparison Deployment
mfritsky
I'm having a strange problem with OpenDeploy. We're running v5.6 on a W2K server. I want to compare a Staging area in one branch with the latest edition in a different branch, and deploy the differences to a workarea. I've set up a TeamSite comparison based deployment to do this.
When I go into TeamSite and do a "Compare Any" between the Staging area and edition that I'm using, I get no differences which is correct. However, when I run my deployment, OpenDeploy sends all files in the branch into the target workarea. The files are listed as "src-is-newer", even though they are identical between the two areas.
This routine has worked in the past, but now is failing. Any help you can provide would be appreciated! I'm attaching my deployment configuration, as well as part of the outputted logfile for reference.
Thanks,
Mark
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I've never tried doing that sort of comparison (between different branches) - but assuming the directory structures are the same, it sounds like it should work.
Are you sure you want dateDifferent="yes" in your config file?
Also - you might try setting the <path name="web\buysell"/> to either:
".\web\buysell" or "./web/buysell"
Also - since you're deploying to a Windows box - you might as well remove the current <permissionRules .../> settings you have since those mode bits are only for Unix (shouldn't cause a problem, but less confusing if it isn't there)
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)