Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Disabling BIRT dataset caching in RCP..
newbie321
<p>I am creating an .rptdesign in RCP and I have been noticing that BIRT datasets are cached ie they do not refresh every time and birt thinks that the data set is the same. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Anyone knows how I can disable the dataset caching in BIRT RCP? The only 'cure' to this dataset problem that I have found is restarting the entire Eclipse. 'Clean Project' and 'Refresh (dataset)' do not work....</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any ideas to get past this hump?</p>
<p>Thanks!!</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>Can you provide some more details?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>What type of data source are you using for the data set?</p>
<p>When you say it is caching, are you referring to when previewing the data set or running the report?</p>
newbie321
<p>I am using POJO datasource that produced hard coded dataset.</p>
<p>I observe caching when I preview the dataset in the birt previewer and when I run the report through RCP as well.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>For example:</p>
<p><strong>At time=t_0:</strong></p>
<p>I hard code my .jar to produce a dataset that has: `1,2,3`</p>
<p>I name the jar as <strong>A.jar</strong></p>
<p>In birt RCP, I create a pojo dataset, link to <strong>A.jar</strong> and make a dataset out of it</p>
<p>when previewing I see `1,2,3`</p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>At time=t_1:</strong></p>
<p>Now I decide that my dataset should have '7,8,9'</p>
<p>I change my <strong>A.jar</strong> to produce a dataset that has: `7,8,9` </p>
<p>I name it <strong>B.jar</strong></p>
<p>In birt RCP, I change a pojo dataset from <strong>A.jar</strong> to <strong>B.jar</strong> and make a dataset out of it</p>
<p>when previewing I still see `1,2,3', although I should be seeing '7,8,9'</p>
JFreeman
<p>Interesting, do you have time to create the A.jar and B.jar examples you have described so I can use them for testing?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Let me know if not and I can see about finding some time to whip these up to use to reproduce the issue.</p>
newbie321
<p>Please see attached...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank you!! </p>