Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
OD through Firewall Problem
System
The OD manual states that "The base server or reciever configuration file of the target host must also include ther firewall's IP address as an allowed host.
What it doesn't state is what to include as the allowed directories for this host. I have tried just leaving them out thus -
<allowedHosts>
<node host="146.253.143.60" />
<node host="146.253.201.150">
<allowedDirectories>
<path name="C:\Interwoven\OpenDeployNG\tmp"/>
<path name="D:\LSScom\content"/>
<path name="D:\LSScom"/>
</allowedDirectories>
</node>
</allowedHosts>
(the first host being the firewall)
but then I get this error -
ERROR: No directory specified for deployment.
ERROR: Invalid configuration file (C:\INTERW~1\OPENDE~1\lib\.odrcvr.20014).
If I copy the directories so they are the same as for the firewall as for the 'actual' host thus -
<allowedHosts>
<node host="146.253.143.60">
<allowedDirectories>
<path name="C:\Interwoven\OpenDeployNG\tmp"/>
<path name="D:\LSScom\content"/>
<path name="D:\LSScom"/>
</allowedDirectories>
<node host="146.253.201.150">
<allowedDirectories>
<path name="C:\Interwoven\OpenDeployNG\tmp"/>
<path name="D:\LSScom\content"/>
<path name="D:\LSScom"/>
</allowedDirectories>
</node>
</allowedHosts>
I get an error telling me that those directories do not exist.
So what should I do ????
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
You need to use the firewall's IP address if the firewall does Network Address Translation (NAT) - such that the Recceiver (or BaseServer acting as Receiver) only see's the firewall's IP and not the actual senders.
In the case of NAT - the deployment configuration file should also be adjusted so that the firewall's IP address is used in the localNode setting.
When you modifiy the Receiver's configuration file to use the firewall's IP address for allowedHosts' node setting you must supply allowedDirectories (allowedDirectories is a required [1-or-more] sub-element of node). Failure to do this results in the error (No directory specified / invalid configuration) that you saw.
As for the second error, about directory not existing - did you remember to restart the Receiver after you changed the odrcvr.xml file (likewise with the BaseServer if you changed the odbase.xml file) ?
Do those directories exist on the Receiver?
Is that where you are tyring to deploy to?
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
Migrateduser
Thanks, Fish, for the reply.
Unfortunately it was an RTFM; I forgot to add the Firewall's address as the LocalNode elements host attribute in the deployment configuration file.