Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Multiple Aggregations within Cross Tab and Heat Map
tejusdas
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have two questions related to crosstab design:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>1. How do I show multiple aggregate values within the same cell on the crosstab grid?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>In the attached example, say I want to display the aggregates of quantity, buyprice and msrp within the same cell. (Like cell B3 in the attached spreadsheet).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>2. How do I do conditional formatting on the crosstab to generate a heatmap? Does anyone have any examples of this?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>In the attached example, say I want to show a heatmap based on the Quantity aggregate, how would I do that.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have attached an example report design using the classic models and also a spreadsheet of the desired result. Please let me know if you need any additional detail.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks in advance for you time.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Cheers,</p>
<p>Tejus</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
shamo
<p>Take a look at this if it serves your purpose and you can re format to suit you if it meets your requirement.</p>
tejusdas
<p>Thanks for your time, shamo.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I figured out that you can actually insert a grid element into the Aggregates area within the cross tab and then added the <span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">aggregates of quantity, buyprice and msrp by hand. That seems to have resolved the display issue.</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">As for the heatmap, I think the conditional highlighting logic you have in there will not work for me, since I want a value based gradient in every cell. There is also the constraint that i will not know the interval values at runtime so adding the highlighting rules would not be possible.</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">I think the only option is to get the max and min values for the dataset and then use javascript to come up with rgb gradient values.</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">Does anyone have an example of this?</span></p>