Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Create new categories on charts
migueltubia
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have a bar chart which shows the number of tickets and its status. The problem is that it only shows the status with tickets in the dataset, but if any month there is any status with no tickets, the chart doesn't show it. I'd like to show them with value 0.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So I have been trying to verify if any status exists with any value, and if it doesn't exist, then create it with value 0. Is it possible??</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have been playing with beforeDataSetFilled and afterDataSetFilled events, but I'm not sure how to use them...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks.</p>
<p>M.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>What version of BIRT are you using?</p>
<p>I'm not completely clear from your description on the structure of the chart and your data.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Can you attach a sample report with a flat file data source that uses sample data we can run to replicate the chart issue?</p>
PaulCooper
<p>This is a common issue with reporting. With BIRT I do this by creating a field that returns 1 for every record and then add a UNION ALL to the SQL which has an SQL statement that returns a record for each status with that new field always 0. Then in the chart use SUM aggregate on that new field instead of COUNT.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Paul</p>