Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
3rd Crosstab group header won't stay in group
m00hk00h
<p>Hello everyone,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have a very simple report which unfortunately doesn't behave the way I like it to behave.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have 3 headers, looking like this:</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint">
| month |
| product |
| revenue | tax |</pre>
<p>
So I want to have the revenue and tax for all products and for each month.<br><br>
The problem is that the months won't stay withing their group. They are displayed right next to each other on the left side of the crosstab, like this:</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint">
Month || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [empty] ||
Product || 001 | 002 | 003 | ... ||
Values || revenue | tax | revenue | tax | revenue | tax | ... ||
|| w | x | y | z | b | a | ... ||</pre>
<p>How do I fix that?<br><br>
Thanks for your help!</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>What version of BIRT are you using?</p>
<p>Wan you attach a sample report we can run that displays your cube and crosstab structure?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>My first guess is this may have to do with the hierarchy configuration in the cube and how it is implemented in the crosstab.</p>
m00hk00h
<p>I will see that I can provide a sample report. Currently used version of BIRT is 4.5.0.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks.</p>
m00hk00h
<p>It seems like I am unable to reproduce the issue outside of the real report. I have rebuild it from scratch and run into the same issue.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>It seems to me that the issue is related to the sheer number of products that need to be displayed (refer to the first post). There more than 4000 products that can be displayed for each month if no parameters are set to filter the output.<br>
</p>
<p>It works well for just a few products and months but break as soon as the cross tab reaches a certain width...</p>
JFreeman
<p>Can you provide your actual report and a PDF or RPTDOCUMENT of the output it produces with the header issue?</p>