Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
String Truncated
sriram nagappan
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Text/String is getting truncated in PDF if the length is high and also if there is no space between the string.</p>
<p>I browsed some of the topics related to this and didn't find any solution. Can you please help on this.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>What version of BIRT are you using?</p>
<p>Can you provide more details?</p>
<p>What type of element are you using to display the string?</p>
<p>Can you provide a sample report that demonstrates the issue?</p>
sriram nagappan
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am using Version: 2.5.2.v20090925-3417w31211318 Build id: v20100210-0630.</p>
<p>I am using Data element placed inside a table. The strings which are continous and not having single break in between causing the string to be truncated. My expectation/requirement is that the remaining string should come to the next line if the actual string exceeds the column width. I am attaching a sample screenshot (only first two columns) of the report output in pdf where you can see the column 'Limit ID' values are truncated.</p>
shamo
<p>Are you using fixed layout or auto layout on your layout preference?</p>
sriram nagappan
<p>I am using Auto Layout.</p>
JFreeman
<p>I am not able to replicate the behavior you are describing.</p>
<p>The row length, by default, increases to accommodate the text and none is cutoff.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Can you attach a sample report based on classic models or a flat file data source that replicates your issue?</p>