Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Aggregate over parent table/report item
Arif shah
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have made some aggregation in a table. Now I want to use the data in table in some other charts and tables. the requirement is that each chart and table has a different level of aggregation. If I use this parent table as a dataset/report item, all the filters and aggregation gets disabled in the charts properties</p>
<p> </p>
<p>My question is whether its possible to use a tables data as a dataset and further aggregate/apply filter over that in other charts/tables</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If this is not possible, what are the alternative solution. The problem in my case is that I have around twenty charts and then I have to create these aggregations seperately in each chart and table</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am using a scripted dataset so I am also finding it hard to do the aggregation in the dataset as I dont know how to do the aggregation in a scripted dataset</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Regards</p>
<p>Shah</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>I think the issue you are running into is going to have to do with how generation/render of the report works. Each element does not get entirely generated/render before moving to the next. Take a look at the generation flow here for details: <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
https://eclipse.org/birt/documentation/integrating/scripting.php'>https://eclipse.org/birt/documentation/integrating/scripting.php</a></p>
;
<p> </p>
<p>Aggregating at the data set level sounds like it will probably be the best option for you use case. You could make a computed columns in the data set for the aggregations.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Alternatively, you can create a persistent global variable in the open of the data set and then in the fetch you can perform the calculations for the aggregation and add it into the persistent global variable.</p>