Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Hide or show data-sets
andynyc
<div>Hi,</div>
<div>I am exploring what's possible with BIRT and what's not. let's say I have two data-sets: first one with two columns (empno, name) and the second one with five columns (empno, name, adddress, salary). I have a report parameter with two options - quick view or full view. If I choose quick view, I should show the first data-set, if i choose full view, the second one should be displayed. </div>
<div> </div>
<div>Is it possible to display (toggle between) different data-sets based on user selection? Any mechanism to create layers that can be shown or hidden etc?</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Thanks!</div>
<div> </div>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>The best way to do this is to have 2 data sets and 2 tables each bound to one data set. The based on the parameter drop one of the tables. If the table is dropped the data set will not get executed. Example of dropping tables is here:</p>
<p> </p>
<p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/files/file/1069-simple-example-of-dropping-a-tablechart/'>http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/files/file/1069-simple-example-of-dropping-a-tablechart/</a></p>
;