Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
BIRT Report using Dynamic XML data source
BirtDevSBA
<p>I needed to develop a BIRT report using XML data source. The XML data source is dynamic having nested information like BOM. One XML per finished product. Finished Product can have several ingredients and also can have another finished products as ingredients, which in turn may have another finished products and so on. In my report, I need to explode BOM to go to the lowest level of ingredients. Based on how nested my BOM is, my XML data source will be that many levels dip.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I know I am not the first one to deal with such requirements. Please redirect me to example/ discussion on similar requirement. Thanks in advance.</p>
<p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>I believe a scripted Data Source/Set is going to be the best option based on your dynamic requirements.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm not aware of an example/discussion on the specific requirement you have described. However, I have attach 2 examples of using a scripted Data Source/Set with an XML data source. They are not as complex or dynamic as you have described but should serve as a good starting place.</p>