Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
First data series on chart does not scale
anmatr
<p>Hello,</p>
<p>As I use a LineSeries Chart with BIRT 4.2.2 in an eclipse RCP application entirely done from BIRT API I face the following issue:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The attached picture shows two graphs which both are done from the same data. It is that BIRT renders the first series on a scale from 0 to 0,8 and the second data series on a scale from 0,694 to 0,746. </p>
<p>As I want already the first one scaled from 0,694 to 0,746 I don't know how to achieve this. </p>
<p>I remember somewhere I read that BIRT would automatically scale and it does so on the first data set, not on the second one.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I played around with the methods:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>setScale().setMin</p>
<p>setScale() .setStep()</p>
<p>setScale() .setAutoExpand(true)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>but no effects towards my needs. I've attached the code and the picture.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hopefully someone finds this of interest and can point me to the right way of doing it.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks,</p>
<p>anmatr</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
anmatr
<p>All,</p>
<p> luckily I found the culprit, but I still cannot explain it completely. If anyone has some insight please enlighten me.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>When building the XAxis I used:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>xAxis.getOrigin().setType(IntersectionType.VALUE_LITERAL);</p>
<p> </p>
<p>and the data displayed as described. But with</p>
<p> </p>
<p>xAxis.getOrigin().setType(IntersectionType.MIN_LITERAL);</p>
<div> </div>
<div>all looks good now and the graph scales properly.</div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div>Would be great if anyone could explain why that is. Especially as I have another graph where I use the VALUE_LITERAL and all looks good. So there must be another setting which has an impact on it.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Thank you,</div>
<div>anmatr</div>