Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Asian character set/Double-byte characters
bcha
Hi, I am relatively new to TeamSite.
I am trying to integrate Asian characters sets into TeamSite.
But it seems to have trouble deploying double-byte characters. Does anyone know of any issues or if I have to configure anything in order for this to work?
Thanks for any comments/suggestions
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
What version of TeamSite (include patches, service packs)?
What version of OpenDeploy (include patches, service packs)?
What platform / OS ?
What locale ?
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
bcha
Hi ghoti,
Here is the info:
TeamSite version: 5.0.1 SP2
OpenDeploy version: 5.0.1 SP2
Platform: Solaris 8
Locale: U.S.
Adam Stoller
I'm not 100% positive - but I think 5.5.2 SP1 was the first version of TeamSite to handle multibyte characters. If you don't get any other response (or want to increase your odds of getting one) - you might try contacting Interwoven Support and see if they can track down an more information for you.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
FieldAlignment.zip
11771.pdf
Migrateduser
I would strongly recommend that you look into upgrading to a 5.5.2 release, preferably SP3. The first supported multibyte release is 5.5.2 LSP2. TS 5.0.1 does not handle multibyte characters as well as our 5.5 releases do. We did do some work for TST Java to work with multibyte, but we have announced End of Life for TST Java.
If you are not yet in production, moving now will be far less painful than debugging problems as the come along.
Regards,
lissa
PSUwin
When you say "trouble deploying" are you talking about OpenDeploy of content containing double-byte characters? DataDeploy of content containing double-byte characters? Until just recently, we were running TS 4.5 (SP 1, I think), plus some specific patches... We were able to successfully do both. We did have some snags trying to get clients properly configured to enter Asian characters into the java templating client, but we did get that working as well.