Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
BIRT 4.5 - pptX export still doesnt work
egau
<p>Hello guys,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm trying a bit the new version of BIRT and I m experimenting the different export format.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm realising tht for docX and xlsX it's quite OK ( but it was quite OK from BIRT 3.7.2 ) but it still not working with pptX export ( at least with my Microsoft Office 2010 version ). Of course it doesnt work with PPT export.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Are you experimenting the same problem ? </p>
<p>Is there a trick to be able to generate a pptX report ? </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks in advance</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
egau
<p>The worst thing is that the PPT export works with BIRT 3.7.2 but does not work anymore with BIRT 4.5 ... </p>
JFreeman
<p>What specifically is not working about PPTX exporting?</p>
<p>I just tested in 4.5.0 and I can export to PPTX successfully.</p>
egau
<p>Hello,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks for the answer . The problem is that with Microsoft Office 2010, when I'm trying to open the generated file, it's telling me that the file has to be repared and even if I click on "Repare" , powerpoint tells me that an error occured. So I just can't open it</p>
JFreeman
<p>Most likely, power point 2010 is throwing this error because it is trying to block the file due it being downloaded from a network source.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Please try unblocking the file by right clicking on the file and in the general tab of the properties window select unblock. After that, you should be able to open the PPTX in powerpoint.</p>
egau
<p>Thanks for the tips but it does not solve the problem.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I've created the reports using BIRT 3.7.2. It's a simple report with a table coming from a lib and some footer. If I create a new report with just 1 DB and 1 request ( 1 table ), it works with PPTX.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So I guess there is something that PPTX / BIRT doesnt like in the report I'm using. ( and I guess all the report I've design with BRIT 3.7.2 )</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any idea of limitation linked to PPTX export ? Footer ? </p>
egau
<p>btw I don't have any problem with the same report when exporting to docx and xlsx ... so it's really weird. I've tried to delete custom footer & header but still the same problem</p>
JFreeman
<p>I've not heard or run into a limitation like that with the PPTX emitter.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Can you create a sample report based on classic models that replicates the structure of one of your reports that has the issue and try to replicate the issue?</p>
<p>If you can, please attach that report so we can run it to replicate the issue.</p>
egau
<p>It's working on other complexe report. I feel like it's coming from the "theme" management that we included in the report. All theme and colors come from another lib etc.. I'm gonna try that </p>
egau
<p>I can't find what 's happening, this is crazy. I cant reproduce on a shareable exemple neither ... :-(</p>
<p> </p>
<p>btw, in BIRT 4.5, there is no more way to see that an objects comes from a library (before we could see an anchor) ? </p>
egau
<p>Well, for now I found a workaround : use BIRT 4.4.2 instead of 4.5.0. No problem with all my reports in PPTX format. I things there is something not well managed in 4.5.0 about theme / runtime etc .. but I didn't manage to find what it was.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Do you have any advice regarding the 4.4.2 version , does it have know problems that I should be aware of ? </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks in advance</p>
JFreeman
<p>Thanks for the update.</p>
<p>I'm glad it's working for you in 4.4.2.</p>
<p>I am not immediately aware of any major issues in version 4.4.2. From what I recall that is a rather solid release.</p>