Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
BIRT connection with Hive, can we have single data source for all reports
gsemalty
<p>Hello,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am new to Birt / Hive.</p>
<p>I have created multiple reports .rptdesign files. Each file is connected to HIVE using Data Source. For each new rptdesign, I have to create datasource.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Incase there is change in password / or I have to connected to Hive on different server .. I have to change in all .rptdesign files.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Is there a way to have the connection details in single file, that can be used by all .rptdesign files. This way I will need to modify data source at single location.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Searched a lot on internet, but couldnt find details.</p>
<p>Please help and if possible share an example for the same.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>Easiest way is to store the connections in a report library.</p>
gsemalty
<p>Hi Sir, Thanks for the answer. Can you suggest some example links where I can discover about report library and how to use that in different .rptdesign files in BIRT</p>
micajblock
<p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=birt+report+libraries'>https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=birt+report+libraries</a></p>
;
<p> </p>
<p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://www.theserverside.com/news/1364376/Using-Eclipse-BIRT-Report-Libraries-and-Templates'>http://www.theserverside.com/news/1364376/Using-Eclipse-BIRT-Report-Libraries-and-Templates</a></p>
;
<p> </p>
<p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/28435-how-to-use-library-in-birt/'>http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/28435-how-to-use-library-in-birt/</a></p>
;
gsemalty
<p>thanks, i will look at these links.</p>