Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Ansi encoding instead of UTF-8
code
Hi,
I've got a Russian and english page. Pages will be created based on the same presentation template encoded in UTF-8. Both pages do include generated HTML fragments that are encoded in UTF, too.
If I check the output JSP, I receive an UTF-8 encoding for the English pages. However, the Russian pages answers with ANSI. Nonetheless, the referenced HTML fragments do have the correct encoding.
Currently, I don't see any reasons why I got the wrong encoding. Basically, I want everything in UTF-8. I also checked iwpt_encoding. HTML does have the Meta attribute.
Is there anything I might miss? If I change the encoding of the generated page manually to UTF-8, it works ok.
Thanks in advance.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
If the HTML is properly encoded in UTF-8 and the page when rendered through the JSP is not - the problem is most likely with the JSP engine and/or the way the HTML file is being included within the JSP framework.
If you are using JSP 1.1 - and doing dynamic includes - I don't believe it properly handles UTF-8 encoding.
If you use JSP 1.2 *or* use static includes - I believe the UTF-8 encoding will persist.
The above is all based on transient experience and *not* in-depth knowledge of either JSP or UTF-8 - so take with a grain of salt....
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
FME_MRO_proj_002.zip
code
Actually, I check the encoding right in the preview window of TeamSite. If I remove some of the Russian text from the page, it will be encoded in UTF-8, otherwise in ANSI. However, I cannot determine a specific character that might not be in the characterset.
Finally, the bea would throw a TokenStreamIOException due to the wrong encoding. Has anybody found a remark on this in the TeamSite documentation. I don't have an idea, why it's switching between different encodings.
Regards
FME_MRO_proj_003.zip