Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Getting Java heap space error while generating .data file
RRK
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am generating a .data from datadesign but getting a java heap space error while generating it due to increase in fetched rows.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So now I tried to update the eclipse.ini file for this but it didnt work.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Please suggest so that I can create .data file through designer.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks !!!!</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>What was your original max heap size and what did you increase the heap size to?</p>
<p>Are you using the 64bit or 32bit designer?</p>
RRK
<p>Hi Jesse,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am using 4.4.0 64 bit. RAM is 4GB.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Earlier it was : </p>
<p>-startup<br>
plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.3.0.v20120522-1813.jar<br>
--launcher.library<br>
plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_1.1.200.v20120913-144807<br>
-showsplash<br>
org.eclipse.platform<br>
--launcher.XXMaxPermSize<br>
256m<br>
--launcher.defaultAction<br>
openFile<br>
-vmargs<br>
-Xms40m<br>
-Xmx512m</p>
<p> </p>
<p>And I updated it to : </p>
<p> </p>
<p>-startup<br>
plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.3.0.v20120522-1813.jar<br>
--launcher.library<br>
plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_1.1.200.v20120913-144807<br>
-showsplash<br>
org.eclipse.platform<br>
--launcher.XXMaxPermSize<br>
256m<br>
--launcher.defaultAction<br>
openFile<br>
-vmargs<br>
-Xms512m<br>
-Xmx1024m</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>But still while creating .data its giving java heap space error.</p>
JFreeman
<p>If it's a large data object, 1GB may still not be enough RAM.</p>
<p>If you have the system resources available, I would bump that up to 2-4GB and try again.</p>