Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Group Tasks Notify SharedBy users
System
Hi,
I have an external task which calls iwsend_servlet_mail.ipl. The next task is a group task. I want to notify all the users in the group task. How can I get this information? When I do task->GetOwner, I do not get a owner because no one has taken ownership yet.
Here is my system info is:
Host OS: SunOS (5.8)
Version: 5.5.2 Build 14136 Interwoven 20021127
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
Not easily
I created a mail list & sent it to the list. Of course when a new user is added to that group they need to be added to the list.
Andy
james1
If you upgrade to SP3 and if you use iw_solution_email.ipl instead of iwsend_servlet_mail.ipl, then you'll see an out-of-the-box example PT (reviewer_iwmailheader.tpl) for iw_solution_email.ipl is already wired to send e-mail to (potential) owners of a grouptask, provided you've set up your e-mail mapping file for emails for the groups.
-- James
--
James H Koh
Interwoven Engineering
Migrateduser
Thanks for the info.
I am using LDAP to get the email addresses. Can iw_solution_email.ipl handle this or will I have to modify it to search the LDAP db?
Annie
james1
iw_solution_email.ipl is architected so that all of the site-specific work is done in PTs (TeamSite Templating presentation templates). So, if you write a PT that goes to your LDAP directory to retrieve e-mail addresses, then yes, iw_solution_email.ipl will support LDAP directory lookups! :-)
Hope this helps.
-- James
PS - I suppose you don't *have* to upgrade to SP3. You can just install sP3 somewhere, take a look at the PT that I referenced, and then go write your own PT (based on the SP3 PT) on your SP2 machine.
--
James H Koh
Interwoven Engineering
nipper
James
Is iw_solutiuon_email a productised version of HTMLmail that CSO and the POC team used ? We are using that but would be thrilled to move to a supported solution if available.
ANdy
james1
I don't know what "HTMLmail" is, so I'll say no. iw_solution_email.ipl was written from scratch by engineering (for 5.5.2 SP2, I think), intended to replace the multitude of e-mail-sending scripts that are out there.
-- James
--
James H Koh
Interwoven Engineering
nipper
It was written by a couple of SEs and Consultants 2 years ago. Stil being delivered by some IW consultants.
Where can one find docs on reviewer_iwmailheader.tpl ? Did not see anything in the admin, wf or SP3 docs. No README.
Thanks
ANdy
NH_Sheet Layout.xml.dcres
james1
> Where can one find docs on reviewer_iwmailheader.tpl ? Did not
> see anything in the admin, wf or SP3 docs. No README.
I don't believe that the individual out-of-the-box e-mail templates are documented. Instead, the iw_solution_email.ipl script itself is documented (isn't it?).
Any specific questions, feel free to post them here on DevNet or send them to Tech Support.
-- James
--
James H Koh
Interwoven Engineering