Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to get the value of a cell in a table by BIRT API?
first10010
<p>I have a table in a BIRT report, and I want to get the value of cell(0, 0) in it by API.</p>
<p>I can get the cell handle, but what shuold I do next?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>public void beforeFactory(IReportDesign report, IReportContext reportContext) throws ScriptException<br>
{<br>
// TODO Auto-generated method stub<br>
super.beforeFactory(report, reportContext);<br>
<br>
try<br>
{<br>
TableHandle mytable = (TableHandle) reportContext.getDesignHandle().findElement("mytable");<br>
RowHandle detail = (RowHandle) mytable.getDetail().get(0);<br>
CellHandle cell = (CellHandle) detail.getCells().get(0);</p>
<p>
<strong>// I want to get the value of the cell(0, 0), what shuold I do next?</strong></p>
<p>
}<br>
}</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Matthew L.
<p>From my understanding, you cannot grab the value of the data element from within the beforeFactory method because the factory has not run to get the values yet.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Could you let me know what you are wanting to accomplish as an end result?</p>
<p>Perhaps there is another way to accomplish the task you are looking for.</p>