Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Username input
StevieBoy
<p>Hi </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am currently working on a customization project to have a user's name on various reports they produce. I have written a small piece of Java code (JTextField) that displays a dialog box for the user to input their name. However, I was looking to have the box auto dispaly when the GUI is launched so that the user is presented with a user input box that doesn't close until they have entered their username. This user name code/file will then be inserted at various BIRT report files so that it auto inserts the username first entered i.e. the user only inputs their name once at the launch stage and it is saved and used elsewhere many times. Can this be done? If so,where or which BIRT file (Java class) do I insert my small piece of code for this scenario to happen? Any help would be appreciated. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>PS i have tried various layout/runtime files but the username dialog box fails to load.....</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks </p>
<p> </p>
<p>StevieBoy...</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Clement Wong
<p>How did you deploy your BIRT application? Are you using open source or commercial BIRT? What version?</p>
StevieBoy
<p>Hi Clement </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am using open source BIRT... I am creating a new customized application for a small company and would like to add my code to a folder that displays my username box when the BIRT app is first launched....Hope this helps...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>StevieBoy</p>
Clement Wong
<p>To confirm, after your end user enters in their username, you would like to use this value to be displayed in subsequent reports?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>What method are you using to run and render your report?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>You could have your report design define a hidden parameter (username). Then the calling application to generate the BIRT report can set the parameter to the name value entered from the JTextField via setParameterValues (see <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10747427/how-do-you-set-and-pass-a-parameter-to-a-birt-report-created-by-the-birt-report'>here</a>
; or <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://www.eclipse.org/birt/documentation/integrating/reapi.php'>here
under IRunAndRenderTask</a>).</p>