Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Adding a 'Print' button to a report.....
CodeRookie
<p>Hi, all! So, I've had requests from a few of our users wondering if it would be possible to add a print button to a report instead of having to go into the drop down menu? I have to admit that it would be a lot easier to click one single button rather than going to the drop down menu, choosing print, then having to select all the format choices, etc. Would this be a possibility? If yes, would I be able to add the necessary code to the XML source file for the report.</p>
<p>Thanks in advance for any replies!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Have a great day!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Scott</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
CodeRookie
<p>So, I found this: <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/118792/'>https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/118792/</a>
, which looks like it would be the answer, but I'm not finding the ToolbarFragment.jsp file. Was this maybe deprecated in iServer 11 SP3?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks,</p>
<p>Scott</p>
Clement Wong
<p>It's possible. Are you using commercial BIRT? If so, what version?</p>
CodeRookie
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Clement Wong" data-cid="140085" data-time="1447272862">
<div>
<p>It's possible. Are you using commercial BIRT? If so, what version?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>
<p>Clement,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Good morning! Yes, we are using commercial BIRT (iServer Version 11 SP3) along with BIRT Designer Professional (Version 11.0.3). We are currently in the process of upgrading to iHub 3.1.1 (testing stage right now). </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Have a great day!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Scott</p>
CodeRookie
<p>Just found out I was looking in the wrong place. Found the needed locations in Designer, not where I was looking in iServer..... Live and learn. Will get back with the results.....</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Scott</p>
CodeRookie
<p>Good morning, all! So I found the files that needed modification to make this work (ToolbarFragment.jsp & BirtToolbar.js), but it seems that making changes to them have no effect as stated in this <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/118792/'>link</a>
. I'm guessing maybe we can't modify the underlying code for Designer Pro, or is there something else I'm missing???</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Have a great day!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Scott</p>
Clement Wong
<p>If you are making HTML/CSS/JS changes for the commercial web viewer in the Designer, you'll need to make those local modifications under (default install) C:\Actuate3\BDPro\eclipse\plugins\com.actuate.birt.report.viewer_23.1.0.v20150206\iportal</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If you want to mirror those same changes in the iHub's embedded web portal, it will be under (default install on Windows) C:\Actuate3\BIRTiHubVisualization\modules\BIRTiHub\iHub\web\iportal</p>