Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Filter multiple tables based on Interactive Viewer filter on a single table
DGI Systems
<p>We are using BIRT Pro and iHub 3.1.1. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Reports will be embedded in an application using JSAPI. End users will be using interactive viewer (IV).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>A requirement is that we must show a main data table and users can then add charts on the fly (we will use interactive viewer hide/show for this). Charts are pre-created based on predetermined groupings on the data. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>We can not run charts from the data set because we need user's IV filters to change all charts to reflect the filter. Charts therefore must be bound to a table. I need to create charts each from their own (hidden) table due to grouping constraints (i.e. can't place all groups in the main table). Charts bound to a table can only be grouped by table groups.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>We plan to use a different (hidden) table for each chart. Each table will have its relevant grouping on the data.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Problem: When users filter data in the main table using IV, we can not get it to filter other tables, so charts do change to reflect the filter.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>My questions is this:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If I have two (or more) tables in a BIRT design and a user filters a column by some value using IV, how do I then filter all other tables in the design by the same filter value.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have tried a number of ways and searched Google/Actuate DEV at great length for an answer but can not find one.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any help greatly appreciated.</p>
<p>
David</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
suresh@anumolu
<p>Hi Dave, Did you get a chance to apply the filters on rest of the tables? </p>
DGI Systems
Hi Suresh,<br><br>
The client removed IV from the project scope so we were let off the hook as we did not have a solution.<br><br>
Do you have the same requirement?<br><br>
David.
suresh@anumolu
<p>Hi David,</p>
<p>Yes, i have similar requirement. I came across your request, when i was searching in the community site.. thanks for responding.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>thanks</p>
<p>suresh</p>
DGI Systems
Hi Suresh,<br><br>
I would suggest contacting OpenText support. I dont think this can be achieved via the rptdesigns and would need some custom solution via the server or ajax that the IV is using. <br><br>
Sorry that I can't be more helpful this was a small part of a big project which I worked on almost 12 months ago.<br><br>
Good luck if you find a solution please post
suresh@anumolu
<p>Thanks David. Will reach out to OpenText.</p>