Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
iHub data objects display name localization
NielsP
<p>Hello,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm new to this forum, and was not able to find a search button, so please forgive me if this has been answered before. Google has not been able to provide meaningful search results to my problem.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have a simple data object that has just a data set. I want to use this on iHub in a dashboard (e.g. in a chart). I also want to display the 'column names' with localization - that is, I want to change the label according to locale.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have added my resource files, and I have also published these to iHub along with my data object, but when I try to use the data object in a chart, the display names are still in their 'raw' format (i.e. 'Tot_sales' instead of Total Sales). In birt designer, I have specified the resource key in the tab 'Output Columns' in the Data Set window.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I just can't get it to work. What am I doing wrong?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am using BIRT Designer Professional 4.4.0 Build id: v20150710, and BIRT iHub 3.1.1 (Build 231A150710)</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Regards,</p>
<p>Niels</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>Unfortunately, there is a known issue with localizing column names in a data object which impacts the behavior you are describing. This issue is being examined for a future release but has not been resolved as of the current iHub release.</p>
NielsP
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JFreeman" data-cid="140190" data-time="1447869234">
<div>
<p>Unfortunately, there is a known issue with localizing column names in a data object which impacts the behavior you are describing. This issue is being examined for a future release but has not been resolved as of the current iHub release.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>
<p> </p>
<p>Ok - thank you for your response
</p>
jar
<p>Hello,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Is this issue fixed in the iHub 3.1 release?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have created an application in Birt designer pro and added the resource files and the localizations on the "to translate" objects. And when I change my locale in the Preferences / Actuate Birt / Preview and then run the report it is working correct. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>But when I publish the project to the iHub server the default texts are displayed. On my machine I have the nl_NL locale (Dutch) but I still get the english text (as designed in the designer). </p>
<p> </p>
<p>We have a new requirement to have some reports in 8 different languages so for us it is key that this functionality is working correctly. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Kind regards,</p>
<p>Jeroen</p>
RSiegler
<p>Hello Jar,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>This issue does affect the 3.1 and 3.1.1 branch of iHub.</p>
<p>For an update on the issue, please get in touch with your local Opentext Customer Support office to explore the issue.</p>