Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to connect to Sql Server 2012
bharat_mel
<p>Hello,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am new to BIRT Designer. I tried to connect sql server but I couldnt.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>ERROR: </p>
<div>org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCException: There is an error in get connection, Login failed for user ''. ClientConnectionId:c3b1b0cb-0126-4730-bb8c-46d98ced3f97.</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCDriverManager.doConnect(JDBCDriverManager.java:336)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCDriverManager.getConnection(JDBCDriverManager.java:209)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCDriverManager.tryCreateConnection(JDBCDriverManager.java:824)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCDriverManager.testConnection(JDBCDriverManager.java:724)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.ui.util.DriverLoader.testConnection(DriverLoader.java:147)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.ui.util.DriverLoader.testConnection(DriverLoader.java:175)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.ui.profile.JDBCSelectionPageHelper.testConnection(JDBCSelectionPageHelper.java:998)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.ui.profile.JDBCSelectionPageHelper.access$11(JDBCSelectionPageHelper.java:960)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.ui.profile.JDBCSelectionPageHelper$8.widgetSelected(JDBCSelectionPageHelper.java:883)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:248)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1053).</div>
<div> </div>
<div>I have downloaded Sqljdbc4. jar file and paste to C Drive. Do i have to set path variable?</div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div>Driver Class: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver ( v4.0)</div>
<div>my Database URl: jdbc:sqlserver://xxxx:1433;databasename=AdventureWorks2012</div>
<p> </p>
<p>sql server 2012 (Windows Auth)</p>
<p> </p>
<p> Can anyone please help me how to connect sql server 2012</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Cheers</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
GLO_FR
<p>Hi,<br>
<br>
maybe it is just a bad copy/paste but the URL must have a big N at database<strong>N</strong>ame<br><span style="color:#0000ff;"><span style="font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">jdbc:sqlserver://xxxx:1433;database</span></span><span style="color:#282828;"><span style="font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;"><strong>N</strong></span></span><span style="color:#0000ff;"><span style="font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">ame=AdventureWorks2012</span></span><br>
<br>
look at this video, it may be interresting<br>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0baQeP7V3c<br>
<br>
Other thing sometimes, SQL Server installation does not enable TCP network protocols. To check it<br>
1. Launch the SQL Server Configuration Manager<br>
2. Select the SQL Server Network Configuration tab. <br>
3. Enable the TCP IP protocol if it is not enabled. <br><br>
Also The default port may not be 1433.</p>
<p>To find the port it is listening on, right-click on the TCP IP protocol and scroll all the way down to the IP All heading. There should be a section called TCP Dynamic Ports.<br>
This should list the port SQL Server is listening on. You can then put this value into the port field.<br><br>
Make sure to restart your server before trying to connect.</p>
bharat_mel
<p>Thank You. I was using windows authentication mode (sql server 2012). I changed to sql server authentication mode. I have created user and password. It worked. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Cheers</p>