Home Analytics Developing analytics applications
The community of Analytics developers are invited to follow and participate in the developer network.
OpenText technical experts collaborate with supported customers and partners in the Magellan product area.

Cannot startup the OSGI framework with tomcat BIRT

<p><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">Hi,</span><br><br><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">i'm trying to create a report from a servlet but i keep getting:</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>org.eclipse.birt.core.exception.BirtException: Cant startup the OSGI framework</p>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.core.framework.Platform.startup(Platform.java:91)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.ReportEngineService.setEngineContext(ReportEngineService.java:320)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.BirtViewerReportService.setContext(BirtViewerReportService.java:1022)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.listener.ViewerServletContextListener.contextInitialized(ViewerServletContextListener.java:62)</div>
<div>at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:5003)</div>
<div>at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5517)</div>
<div>at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)</div>
<div>at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$StartChild.call(ContainerBase.java:1574)</div>
<div>at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$StartChild.call(ContainerBase.java:1564)</div>
<div>at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)</div>
<div>at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)</div>
<div>at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)</div>
<div>at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)</div>
<div>Caused by: org.eclipse.birt.core.exception.CoreException</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.core.framework.osgi.OSGILauncher.startup(OSGILauncher.java:90)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.core.framework.Platform.startup(Platform.java:79)</div>
<div> </div>
<div>
<div><strong>the contents of my file config.ini est :</strong></div>
<div>
<div>#Product Runtime Configuration File</div>
<div>eclipse.product=org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.ReportEngineSDK</div>
<div>[email protected]:start, [email protected]:start, [email protected]</div>
<div>osgi.framework.extensions=org.eclipse.birt.api</div>
<div>osgi.bundles.defaultStartLevel=4</div>
<div> </div>
</div>
<div><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">Can you please help me? Thanks in advance </span></div>
</div>
<div>
<div> </div>
</div>
<p> </p>

Comments

• @MichelJ ,
    Were you able to find a solution for this issue? I am hitting the same issue and would love to see if you found the solution.