Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
How can I hide Tpls from User
megamala
Hi
I have 4 tpls. Tpl1.. tpl4.
I am generating a page xyz1.html from tpl1. In tpl1 it generates or regenerates xyz2.html,xyz3.html,xyz4.html (tpl2,tpl3,tpl4 ). How can I hide tpl2..tpl4 from user. When they generate xyz1.html they can see only tpl1 not tpl2..tpl4
Thanks in Advance
MM Guptha
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
LooseCannon
You can specify which users can or cannot use a data type with the <allowed> tag , but you cannot hide specific tpls from users.
What you can do is deny permission to use certain tpls.
megamala
If I deny permissions , I think I can't generate the html pages using that tpls( using CLT also).
Thanks in Advance
MM Guptha
LooseCannon
One easy way...
In your .tpl grab the previewers user name and via a conditional statement verify that they are allowed to use the .tpl.
If they are allowed then build the output
If they are not allowed then abort the build and redirect them to a permission denied page.
Adam Stoller
How is Tpl1 invoking Tpl2 through Tpl4 to generate the subsequent pages?
If you are using iw_ostream or iwpt_compile.ipl - then you should not need to list the Tpl2 through Tpl4 in the templating.cfg file.
The templating.cfg file is referenced by iwgen and iwregen - specifically for the PT provided on its command line.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
hemranga
I agrre with Fish. To add to what he says
iwpt_compile.ipl -pt "Path" -ofile Filetobegenerated.html
This command can be used for generating subsequent pages
Adam Stoller
Please note - If possible, I'd recommend using iw_ostream over embedded calls to iwpt_compile.ipl -- for performance reasons (each invokation of a CLT within the PT adds extra overhead and can greatly reduce the speed at which N-page documents get generated).
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
hemranga
Hey i was not aware of this..Thanks and sorry if my answer was wrong..
Hemanth R (hemanth.r@itcinfotech.com)
ela
Hi, how can I find info on the use of iw_ostream? I want to do something of the same, if I haven't misunderstood the original question here, and have posted more details in this thread:
http://devnet.interwoven.com/forums/cgi-bin/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=PRODUCTS_TEMPLATING&Number=3120&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&part=
Regards,
Eldbjørg
megamala
Hi Fish
I am using iwgen or iwregen to generate or regenerate the page. If I don't include tpls in templating.cfg I will get error. If I use iw_ostream then each time it will generates the .html file then its going to be performance issue.
Thanks in Advance
MM Guptha
megamala
https://support.interwoven.com/library/devel/tst/pt/5_01/TeamSite__PT__iw_ostream.asp
or
http://yourservername/iw/help/tst/pt/TeamSite__PT__iw_ostream.html
Thanks in Advance
MM Guptha
Adam Stoller
I am using iwgen or iwregen to generate or regenerate the page. If I don't include tpls in templating.cfg I will get error. If I use iw_ostream then each time it will generates the .html file then its going to be performance issue.
Not meaning to be rude here - but is the above a statement or a question? If a question - can you try to phrase it as such so I'll know what you're trying to understand?
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
megamala
Hi fish
There in no rude. Why you think like that. Its a question.
Thanks in Advance
MM Guptha
Adam Stoller
I am using iwgen or iwregen to generate or regenerate the page. If I don't include tpls in templating.cfg I will get error. If I use iw_ostream then each time it will generates the .html file then its going to be performance issue.
Not meaning to be rude here - but is the above a statement or a question? If a question - can you try to phrase it as such so I'll know what you're trying to understand?
There in no rude. Why you think like that. Its a question.
The way your post was phrased - it was not easy to determine
if
it was one or more questions and if so
what
those questions might be. I don't know whether English is your first language or not, and so I didn't wish to sound rude by asking for a clarification of your post which did not seem to be clearly written. However, ...
You say "
I will get error
" - does that mean you tried it and got an error (
if so, what error?
), or that you want to know
if
you'll get an error if you try it?
You say "
If I use iw_ostream then each time ... its going to be performance issue.
" - does that mean you are seeing a performance issue doing this? that you are stating that it will be a performance issue? or are you asking if it will be a performance issue?
Calling
iwpt_compile.ipl
internally within your PT to generate additional pages adds additional process overhead (for the invokation of the perl process).
Using
iw_ostream
internally within your PT does
not
add additional process overhead.
In either case, I believe that if you never issue an
iwgen
command with the name of the
other
presentation templates on the command line, that you should be able to avoid listing them in the templating.cfg file. If you are finding this
not
to be the case, please provide as much information about what you are encountering.
I don't have time to try this all out on my own system (nor on my customer's system) - so you, or someone else, will have to validate whether or not this is true.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)