Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Issue with report working in Designer v11.0.3 but not v4.4.0
CodeRookie
<p>Good morning, all! I'm having an issue with a report design that will run fine in both Designer v11.0.3 and iServer, but fails in Designer v4.4.0 and iHub. The report uses stored procedures for the five data sets used. There is no problem with connection to the database in either case. This is the error I get:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>It might be that the new version has a different version of the JDBC driver. Try just building a new report using the SP. if this does not work I would contact support.</p>
CodeRookie
<p>Sounds like a good way to start.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks!</p>
<p>Scott</p>
CodeRookie
<p>Well, it was a good try. Thanks for the suggestion, Mica! I opened a ticket with support. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Have a great day!</p>
<p>
Scott</p>
Chad Montgomery
<p><em>As I understand, you've had this problem resolved. I'm going to post the resolution here for future users to see if they come across the same problem.</em></p>
<p> </p>
<p>Note: The following resolution is for the Sybase JDBC driver, but could be used for whichever driver is needed.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The issue in this case, was that the Sybase driver in iHub 3.1.1 was newer than the v11.0.3 driver, which normally shouldn't be a problem, but sometimes the newer driver can cause issues. Follow these steps to use the older driver from v11.0.3 in iHub 3.1.1:</p>
<div> </div>
<ol><li>Navigate to <iHub Install Location>\BDPro\eclipse\plugins\com.actuate.data.oda.jdbc.drivers*\lib</li>
<li>Rename N_sybase.jar to something else (such as N_sybase.jar.original)</li>
<li>Navigate to <11.0.3 Install Location>\BDPro\eclipse\plugins\com.actuate.data.oda.jdbc.drivers*\lib</li>
<li>Copy the N_sybase.jar to the iHub folder location.</li>
<li>Restart your client and try running the report.</li>
</ol>