Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Show If Blank - option
kumargr
<p>hi All, I'm facing a problem with blank data. I want the row to be shown, even if the data is null there. As of now, when data is not present that element itself doesn't show and below rows move up covering the gap. I tried the "Show if blank" to TRUE, but it doesn't seem to work.</p>
<p>Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kumargr
<p>And this is while using <VALUE-of> tag. When data in XML is blank, I need the space of text element to be shown.</p>
pricher
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>You have two options:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>1) Use a Data Item component instead of a Text component to display the value. A Data element will display an empty row when the value is null;</p>
<p> </p>
<p>2) If you absolutely need to use a Text component, create a computed column in your data set. The expression in the computed column will test if the data field is null. If it is null, output " ", and if it is not null, output the data field value. The logic looks like this:</p>
<p> </p>
<div><span style="font-family:'courier new', courier, monospace;">if (row["STATE"] == null)</span></div>
<div><span style="font-family:'courier new', courier, monospace;"> " "</span></div>
<div><span style="font-family:'courier new', courier, monospace;">else</span></div>
<div><span style="font-family:'courier new', courier, monospace;"> row["STATE"]</span></div>
<div> </div>
<div>Then display the computed column using a Text component.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>I have attached a sample report design that contains 2 tables: table on the left uses a Data Item component, table on the right uses a computed column in a Text component.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Hope this helps,</div>
<div> </div>
<div>P.</div>
kumargr
<p>Thanks a lot Mr.Pierre
</p>
<p>I can use Data Element and I did. It solved the problem.</p>