Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
BIRT Sample report from Classic car DB
hatra
<p>Hi All,</p>
<p>Anyone know where I can downlaod all BIRT sample reports from classic car db please.</p>
<p>Thanks</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
pricher
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>In O/S BIRT, you can view all sample reports by going to Window --> Show View -- Other... Then, in the Show View Dialog, choose Report and Chart Designs --> Report Examples:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
hatra
<p>Cheers Pierre</p>
radha73
<div>Hi Pricher,</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Under 'Report Design', I couldn't see any Examples folder and it doesn't have 'Chart Design folder.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>I've downloaded 'birt-sample-plugins-4_4_2-20150217.zip' file and it has 'org.eclipse.birt.chart.examples_4.4.2.v201410272105.jar' file.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Using 'File->Open' menu option, I've tried open the above .jar file, but I couldn't see any sample report.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>I'm new to this at the moment, could you please help me on this? Should I download any examples first before try opening it in the BIRT? Please help.</div>
pricher
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I don't know where that feature has gone. However, you can find most of these examples <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://www.eclipse.org/birt/demos/'>here</a>.</p>
;
<p> </p>
<p>P.</p>
Zorawar
<p>First, it is <u><strong>not</strong></u> under <strong>Report Design</strong>. It is under <strong>Report and Chart Design</strong> as shown in the screenshot attached by Pierre in his answer.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If it is still not there then do the following with the sample zip file that you have downloaded.</p>
<p>1. extract the jar <span style="font-family:'courier new', courier, monospace;"><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);">org.eclipse.birt.chart.examples_4.4.2.v201410272105.jar </span></span></p>
<p><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">2. navigate to your local eclipse installation, <strong><span style="font-family:'courier new', courier, monospace;"><path-to-eclipse>\eclipse</span></strong></span></p>
<p><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">3. copy the jar from Step 1 into the eclipse plugins folder, <strong><span style="font-family:'courier new', courier, monospace;"><path-to-eclipse>\eclipse\plugins</span></strong></span></p>
<p><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">4. restart eclipse with the clean option as so, <strong><span style="font-family:'courier new', courier, monospace;"><path-to-eclipse>\eclipse\eclipse.exe -clean</span></strong></span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">Step 4 needs to be done just once and can be done from the command line. </span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">It would be easier to create a shortcut to <span style="font-family:'courier new', courier, monospace;">eclipse.exe</span> and name it <strong>eclipse-clean-shortcut</strong>.</span></p>
<p><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">For the created shortcut, right-click and open it and then specify the <strong><span style="font-family:'courier new', courier, monospace;">-clean</span></strong> option in the Target.</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p>When eclipse restarts, navigate as before to Show View and locate the examples under Report and Chart Design. It should show up now.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If you still cannot access the samples, continue to ask on this thread and not on the other one where I answered before.</p>