Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
File can be saveed but cannot add file to task err
ProfessorX
When running a wf at a usertask the user can create a DCR but an error occurs when the DCR tries to get added to the task.
I think this it has to do with the fact that usertask is a lock="t".
Is this a bug?
What is the fix?
See similiar posts
http://devnet.interwoven.com/forums/cgi-bin/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=DOWNLOADS_WORKFLOWS&Number=8256&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1#Post8256
http://devnet.interwoven.com/forums/cgi-bin/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=DOWNLOADS_WORKFLOWS&Number=8327&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1#Post8327
I need to verifiy if this is a bug or not before I apply any patches or SP's
WIN2K Server
Version: 5.5.2.0 9275 20020617
The Professor-
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I don't think this is formally recorded as a bug (feel free to contact Support with a cut-down reproducable example though).
I've always been under the impression (though recently been informed I was wrong) that there are different "levels" of locking - where what I call "workflow locks" are the lowest (least-powerful) level - and that if a file was locked outside the context of a workflow that the workflow would not be able to transition the lock (with the lock="t" attribute set) - and that editing a DCR tended to put a "higher" level lock on the DCR which then prevented the workflow from transitioning it.
I've yet to have the time to truly test out the above hypothesis and diagnose the behavior to formulate a feature request or bug report for it.
The best work-around is probably to use a locktask (which has both a success and failure transition mode) prior to the task where you're currently using lock="t" (and you can then remove the lock="t" if you'd like).
On failure, you can either transition to some form of error-handling task, or just go to an externaltask that runs iwunlock.pl and then transitions back to the locktask.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
ProfessorX
Thanks for the info Fish....it is given me a clearer understanding.
I guess I didn't make myself clear though. Your "locktask" suggestion would not work.
Because the usertask is where the DCR is being created. There are no files to "lock" before the user task. The user creates a new DCR through the stanadard IW dropdown menu at the usertask level. When they click "Save" IW's standard submit locking, locks the file (I believe "and I submitted a case to support", that right after that the WF tries to add the file to itself and also tries to lock the file ....ERRR).
The Professor-
Adam Stoller
Hmm - well I can't really provide too much more than I have - right now I'm involved with a workflow that controls the whole DCR creation and generation process, and we haven't run into a problem like this - but it's a very different scenario.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)