Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to pass in string to dataset query
bugsy
<p>I have a dataset with the following query: select name from flights where flight_type = ?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>When I preview this query and set the value to 'C', I get nothing. When I modify the query and hardcode in the value, like so:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>select name from flights where flight_type = 'C', it works.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have it linked to a report parameter named ftype whose type is String, which I then use in my dataset to link in as a parameter.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I know this is a simple question for you but I am struggling and would appreciate the help.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
bugsy
<p>I figured it out and it had nothing to do with the 'C'. I had left off the data set parameter binding on the table.</p>