Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Run Dataset from another Dataset
FOS
<p>Hi,</p>
<p>I am using Birt 2.3. Is there a way to execute a Dataset from the open method of another Dataset (by code) without the need of a table binding?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks,</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>Can you describe the use case? Why do you want to execute a query that way?</p>
FOS
<p>I have a crosstab filled with a scriptedSource Dataset. This scripted dataset is filled with a DBSource Dataset. The DBSource Dataset has a binding to a table drawn before the cross tab so in theory it would be called and executed before the scriptedSource Dataset used in the cross tab.</p>
<p>The problem is that I found after some testing that in 2.3 cross tabs are being executed before common tables or grids independently from the order they are drawn. So to avoid this problem I'm thinking to eliminate the table where DBSource Dataset has the binding and call the DBSource Dataset directly from the Open method of the ScriptedSource Dataset.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks,</p>
micajblock
<p>I do not think the beforeOpen will work. This example executes a data set in the beforeFactory.</p>
<p> </p>
<p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/files/file/810-dynamic-content-from-library/'>http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/files/file/810-dynamic-content-from-library/</a></p>
;
Matthew L.
<p>Similar to Mica's comment, I'm not sure if attempting this in the beforeOpen method is the best solution.</p>
<p>However you can build and/or execute data sets in the beforeFactory method which you could use to prepare the data as needed before the report uses it.</p>
<p>See the following posts for useful examples on dynamically building Scripted Data Sets based on data from other Data Sets.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Query a data set from almost anywhere in the report:</p>
<p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/35930-running-a-query-in-the-initalize/?p=133369'>http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/35930-running-a-query-in-the-initalize/?p=133369</a></p>
;
<p> </p>
<p>There is also some code in the beforeFactory of this example that could be helpful as well:</p>
<p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/35563-dynamic-column-generation-in-scripted-dataset-birt/?p=132072'>http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/35563-dynamic-column-generation-in-scripted-dataset-birt/?p=132072</a></p>
;