Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to update cube in a BDO with enable incremental update
Mridulesh Rathore
<p>Hi All,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I read the documentation and found we can create cache of a dataset and cube in ".data" file. Also we can update our cache by enabling incremental update. As per documentation dataset will get update but cube will not when we merge new data rows . So, I created another BDO in which I had taken reference of Dataset having incremental property enable and by help of which I created a cube, But, When I am running this report I am getting error "Error while running report".</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So, My basic goal is to create a cache from which I can read a cube and update it as well.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks In advance.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Regards,</p>
<p>Mridulesh</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
icirillo
<p><span>Hi Mridulesh. According with the documentation you are trying to do something that is not supported:</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/be/documentation/ihub31-dev/DAG/index.html#page/DAG/do-HowToEnableIncrementalUpdates.html#ww193749'>http://developer.actuate.com/be/documentation/ihub31-dev/DAG/index.html#page/DAG/do-HowToEnableIncrementalUpdates.html#ww193749</a></p>
;
<p> </p>
<p><em><span style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:'Microsoft Sans Serif', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;font-size:13.3333px;">If the data object contains a cube and you want the cube to include the new data set rows, or if you change the cube definition, you must generate a new data object store without the incremental updates option</span></em></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:'Microsoft Sans Serif', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;font-size:13.3333px;">Anyway, if you provide me with some sample files of what you have done I will have a look at them. I have not clearly understood what you have done (</span><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;"> <em>I created another BDO in which I had taken reference of Dataset having incremental property enable and by help of which I created a cube</em></span><span style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:'Microsoft Sans Serif', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;font-size:13.3333px;">)</span></p>
Mridulesh Rathore
<p>Hi Ivano,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Please repeat following steps:-</p>
<p>1) Generate .data file for Incremental Classic Models Report.(Enabled Incremental Update)</p>
<p>2) Cube level report is referring to Incremental Classic Models.data. so try to run cubelevel report.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>while generating data objects for cubelevel report we are getting error.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Also, please let me know If you know any other way to update cube with Incremental update of Dataset.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks In advance!!! </p>
<p> </p>
<p>With Best Regards,</p>
<p>Mridulesh </p>
<p> </p>
<p>
icirillo
<p>Hi Mridulesh,<br>
<br>
I finally found the time to test your files and I have to say that your workaround looks working fine!!<br>
<br>
What I did:</p>
<ul class="bbc bbcol decimal"><li>I fixed the errors in the dataSource of Incremental Classic Models.datadesign. It was pointing to some inexistent DB file. I fixed the problem by creating a new data source pointing to the classic models database.</li>
<li>I fixed teh queries in the Customers and Products datasets which were not retrieving any data (this step could have been probably omitted but I did it anyway)</li>
<li>I generated Incremental Classic Models.data in order to contain only orderdates between Jan 1, 2011 and Dec 31, 2011 (incremental updates option disabled)</li>
<li>I created a new rptdesign using the cube defined in cubelevel_datadesign.datadesign</li>
<li>the cube displayed all 2011's orderdates</li>
<li>I then generated again Incremental Classic Models.data (incremental updates option enabled). I only selected dates between Jan 1, 2012 and Dec 31, 2012</li>
<li>I refreshed the rptdesign and now my crosstab (base on the cube) displayed all 2011 and 2012' ordersdates!</li>
</ul><p>Please find attached my project. You only need support2.rptdesign, Incremental Classic Models.datadesign and cubelevel_datadesign.datadesign but I included all the files for reference.<br>
<br>
Hope this helps.</p>