Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
birt and spudsoft excel emitter
newbie321
<p>Hi, <br>
</p>
<p>I am running a java program that uses BIRT api to produce the reports. I need to produce .xlsx excel files so I am using spudsoft's emitter. </p>
<p>I followed the instructions and it worked like a charm, producing the excel doc. Really beautifully. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Now, I removed all of the references to spudsoft's jar and aux libraries it needs. But left the </p>
<p>`option.setOption("emiiter_id","uk.co.spudsoft.....") intact in my java code. I was expecting that now that removed all the refs to jars, I would get a runtime error (missing jar, or wrong emitter etc). however the code ran very fine and produced another beautiful excel .xlsx . Restarted the eclipse (thinking emitter is cached), restarted computer, deleted all .jar files that pertain to this emitter. Still am able to produce xlsx files. I know for a fact default .xls emitter is not kicking in... </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Can someone explain how it is possible that BIRT is using the spudsoft's emitter even if there are no spudsoft.jar present at all? </p>
<p>Does spudsoft modify anything on the first run? </p>
<p> </p>
<p>thanks!! </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
There are no comments yet