Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Unable to run drill through report on JBoss on Bar Chart
Maroju
<p>Hi ,</p>
<p> </p>
<p> I am working on drill through sample program using bar chart. I followed BIRT documentation for this. I am able to run this successfully in Web Viewer. After deploying in JBoss, I am able to get first report i.e., chart page properly but when click on the bars it is showing error. Do I need to do any changes for this. I am actually giving path of the second report from project path. If i need to give path from Ihub server where do i need to do changes.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Please can anybody help me on this with steps to be work on.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks in advance.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Maroju.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Clement Wong
<p>To get a better understanding of your setup, and to help you troubleshoot...</p>
<p> </p>
<ol><li>You mentioned iHub. What version of BIRT are you using?</li>
<li>What BIRT product did you deploy to JBoss? What verison of JBoss?</li>
<li>Did you deploy your report to the iHub? Or where did you deploy your report (.rptdesign)?</li>
<li>Which documentation did you follow so that I can also reference what you are trying to accomplish?</li>
<li>Can you attach the first (parent) report design so that we can see the hyperlink/drill down defined in the chart?</li>
</ol>
Maroju
<p>Hi Clement,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>1. I am using BIRT version 4.4</p>
<p>2. Sorry, I am running BIRT report from a java project. So, I deployed a war in JBoss. I used JSAPI to run BIRT report from jsp. I am using JBoss 4.2</p>
<p>3. I deployed both reports in ihub and gave path from ihub i JSAPI code for the first report. For the second report i.e., for drill through functionality i didnt get the way how and where to write JSAPI code. Please help me in this part. I am able to run drill through functionality in web viewer successfully. I got stuck with the JSAPI code.</p>
<p>4. I followed this link "<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/be/documentation/ihub3-dev/AIG-main/index.html#page/aig/JSAPIReportContent.20.6.html'>http://developer.actuate.com/be/documentation/ihub3-dev/AIG-main/index.html#page/aig/JSAPIReportContent.20.6.html".</a></p>
;
<p>5. Please find the files attached</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am using below JSAPI code in jsp</p>
<p> </p>
<p><div id="parampane"></div><br>
<script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript"<br>
src="<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://localhost:8700/iportal/jsapi'>http://localhost:8700/iportal/jsapi"></script></a><br>
;
<script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript"><br><br>
actuate.load("viewer");<br><br>
actuate.load("parameter");<br><br>
actuate.initialize("<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://localhost:8700/iportal'>http://localhost:8700/iportal",</a>null
, <br>
"administrator", "", displayParams);<br><br>
function displayParams() {<br><br>
param = new actuate.Parameter("parampane");<br><br>
//drill through example<br>
param.setReportName("/Student/stuDetailsDrillThr.rptdesign");<br>
alert("before submit");<br>
param.submit(function(){this.run.style.visibility = "visible";});<br>
<br>
}<br>
function processParameters() {<br>
param.downloadParameterValues(runReport);<br>
}<br>
function runReport(paramvalues) {<br>
var viewer = new actuate.Viewer("viewerpane");<br>
viewer.setReportName("/Student/stuDetailsDrillThr.rptdesign");<br>
viewer.setParameterValues(paramvalues);<br>
viewer.submit();<br>
}</p>
Clement Wong
<p>I am unable to run your reports and your HTML code is not complete.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>1. What error are you getting?</p>
<p>2. If you do not use JSAPI, and view through the Information Console, is the drill through working?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>In my environment, I'm using iHub 3.1 with the embedded Tomcat, and I've uploaded these test sample report designs to /Home/administrator. I'm using a simple JSAPI much like yours and I'm able to drill through. The sample report design uses the sample database Classic Models, so it will run in your environment.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>3. Please test in your environment (change paths accoringly), and let's see what results you get.</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint">
<script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript" src="http://localhost:8700/iportal/jsapi"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript">
actuate.load("viewer");
actuate.initialize("http://localhost:8700/iportal",null,"administrator", "", runReport2);
function runReport2() {
var viewer = new actuate.Viewer("viewerpane");
viewer.setReportName("/Home/administrator/01_Parent.rptdesign");
viewer.submit();
}
</script>
<div id="viewerpane"></div>
</pre>
Maroju
<p>Hi Celement,</p>
<p> </p>
<p> Thanks for replying. I am getting same problem with your files even. I did below steps</p>
<p> </p>
<p>1. I pasted two reports into my project folder.</p>
<p>2. If I run from Designer i.e., from web viewer reports are running fine. Drill through is working fine.</p>
<p>3. I published two reports to ihub trial version server.</p>
<p>4. In place of below line</p>
<p><span>viewer</span><span>.</span><span>setReportName</span><span>(</span><span>"/Home/administrator/01_Parent.rptdesign"</span><span>);</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p>I gave path from my ihub server. i.e., I created a folder named Student in ihub and published two files into that folder.</p>
<p>5. now i started my application server i.e., JBoss and run the report</p>
<p>I am able to get first report. But if i click on the bars to see drill through, it took me to error page stated that "rile path or folder is not present or else you do not have permission to access".</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Please guide me in resolving this.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks and regards,</p>
<p>Maroju</p>
Clement Wong
<p>If you do not use JBoss and use the embedded Tomcat Information Console (@ <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='/iportal)'>
http://your_ihub:8700/iportal)</a>to
view the report and drill through, what do you see? </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Now, if it works, if you use JSAPI and point to the embedded Tomcat Information Console instead of your JBoss, what do you see?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Next, with your JBoss instance, use Chrome to view your report. Launch DevTools (press F12). Select the Network tab to see the requests. Click on any of the Parent report chart bar. When you get the error, copy the URLs that you see in the Network tab. We should see the path that it's trying to access.</p>
Maroju
<p>Hi Clement,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Actual path from which I am accessing the project or first report is "<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://localhost:8181/Student'>http://localhost:8181/Student"</a></p>
;
<p> </p>
<p> Below is the path to which it is getting redirected to after clicking the bars</p>
<p> </p>
<p>"<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://127.0.0.1:8700/iportal/newrequest/do_executereport.jsp?command=submit&__requesttype=immediate&invokeSubmit=true&__executableName=/Student/02_Child.rptdesign&theParm=MA&__locale=en_US&__vp=Default Volume&__masterpage=true&__svg=true&__newWindow=false'>http://127.0.0.1:8700/iportal/newrequest/do_executereport.jsp?command=submit&__requesttype=immediate&invokeSubmit=true&__executableName=/Student/02_Child.rptdesign&theParm=MA&__locale=en_US&__vp=Default Volume&__masterpage=true&__svg=true&__newWindow=false"</a></p>
;
<p> </p>
<p>I am unable to see any error in developer tool.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Please check this.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks and Regards,</p>
<p>Maroju</p>
Clement Wong
<p>So you don't have a context path for Information Console for your JBoss deployed instance? When you view your first report, can you please copy the URL from the browser address bar? I would like to double check the context.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So it appears that Did you run that test where if you do not use JBoss and use the embedded Tomcat Information Console (@ <a class="bbc_url" href="
http://developer.actuate.com/iportal)"
; title="External link">
http://your_ihub:8700/iportal)</a>
; to view the report and drill through, what did you see?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>For your JBoss Information Console, it appears that you don't have PROXY_BASEURL set in the Information Console's web.xml.</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint">
<context-param>
<param-name>PROXY_BASEURL</param-name>
<param-value/>
</context-param>
</pre>
<p>To confirm, what this value should be, please send me the URL of the address from the first report. Based on the info provided so far, it would be <a class="bbc_url" href="
http://localhost:8181/Student"
; title="External link">
http://localhost:8181/Student</a>
, but please the URL to verify the context.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>A restart of JBoss is needed for the setting to take effect.</p>
Maroju
<p>Hi Clement,</p>
<p> </p>
<p> Sorry for late reply. First report url is the same as you mentioned "<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://localhost:8181/Student'>http://localhost:8181/Student".</a>I
will try this using tomcat and i will give update. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>One more thing, if i run any report from my ihud directly it is showing the same error page stating that "An Unknown error has occurred. Please note the error and contact the system administrator"</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Is it because of ihus problem. I am using trial version of ihub.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks and Regards,</p>
<p>
Maroju</p>
Maroju
<p>Hi Clement,</p>
<p> </p>
<p> I am getting same error with Tomcat even. I think i am doing some mistake with jsapi code please check and let me know. I am giving first reports path in jsp i.e., in jsapi code from the ihub. But second reports path i mentioned from designer i.e., project path (context root) in the interactivity pane. Do i need to change the path of second report anywhere in the process of drill through functionality and ihub publish.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks and Regards,</p>
<p>Maroju</p>
Maroju
<p>Hi Clement,</p>
<p> </p>
<p> Sorry for the trouble. Problem is with the installed ihub server. When i installed new ihub after uninstalling existing one, Drill through worked. But it is asking authentication. After giving ihub's authenticity it opened the second report. URL it is displaying is as below</p>
<p>"</p>
<p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://127.0.0.1:8700/iportal/iv?__report=/$$$Transient/21.RPTDOCUMENT&__design=/Home/Student/stuDetByName.rptdesign&connectionHandle=bAq+y9HJrv6+ASENxVq8RL21WvOI/w6jmbZwg7PYF19Cq3057d+JTeUKSSPpu8CJEdtWledo6r5Fb4yX4Ucvyt84/3qNdvlyTfVbRrAQOmg5HM6vh3ebWudvfSwiKrhg2DvON58eYK9UFLLwuiIIjA12d+A6VRbqDUEh4QXsTxDX9ote2naiNcCYLMTghs/GSwjxBo3PqAzmv+G6ruEiqGiULqroZd4H7e0v6J1aQDOHE+qr+5aD7umJMB/ljvrwS8tN9O8JTopkBgocDJGBrA==&__vp=Default Volume&volume=Default Volume&__masterpage=true&__locale=en_US&__svg=true&__asattachment=false'>http://127.0.0.1:8700/iportal/iv?__report=/$$$Transient/21.RPTDOCUMENT&__design=/Home/Student/stuDetByName.rptdesign&connectionHandle=bAq+y9HJrv6+ASENxVq8RL21WvOI/w6jmbZwg7PYF19Cq3057d+JTeUKSSPpu8CJEdtWledo6r5Fb4yX4Ucvyt84/3qNdvlyTfVbRrAQOmg5HM6vh3ebWudvfSwiKrhg2DvON58eYK9UFLLwuiIIjA12d+A6VRbqDUEh4QXsTxDX9ote2naiNcCYLMTghs/GSwjxBo3PqAzmv+G6ruEiqGiULqroZd4H7e0v6J1aQDOHE+qr+5aD7umJMB/ljvrwS8tN9O8JTopkBgocDJGBrA==&__vp=Default Volume&volume=Default Volume&__masterpage=true&__locale=en_US&__svg=true&__asattachment=false".</a></p>
;
<p> </p>
<p>I want my project url as "<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://localhost:8181/Student'>http://localhost:8181/Student".</a>For
this is it enough if i set a context param in web.xml </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks and Regards,</p>
<p>Maroju</p>
Clement Wong
<p>If my sample drill through reports are not working with the out of the box/default iHub (without JSAPI), then we'll need to troubleshoot this further. Please send me a PM with your contact information and I'll have an appropriate resource contact you.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>"I want my project url as ..."</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Does that mean you want to change your Information Console context path from /iportal to /Student? Or just to access your BIRT Project from within the iHub? Did you change the PROXY_BASEURL yet?</p>