Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Adding .jar file to Rptdesign
New_Bee
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have a rptdesign in one project and a pojo class in another project. I have created a .jar file of the pojo class.<br><br>
I need to add the .jar to the rptdesign.<br><br>
I select the rptdesign -> go to property editor tab -> select resources from left nav </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I can see Properties files, jar files and javascript files.<br>
When I try to add the jar file, the pop up shows "shared resources" and there is no way to choose the .jar file of the class that I want to add.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>How to add the .jar file to the rptdesign ?<br><br>
Any help will be much appreciated.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks</p>
<p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>Copy the jar to report project folder. The jar file needs to be part of the resources of the BIRT project.</p>
pricher
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>You can refer to a jar class that is located in a different Eclipse project by going to the Properties of your BIRT project and adding JAR files in Report Design --> Classpath --> Add JARs. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hope this helps,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>P.</p>
pricher
<p>Hi again,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>From a best practice point of view, Mica's approach is better. Putting your JAR file directly within your BIRT project will make your deployment easier. Moreover, if you use a POJO as a data source, only JAR files located in the BIRT project will be visible to the POJO Data Source UI.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Regards,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>P.</p>
New_Bee
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks for the responses.<br><br>
But I'm still unable to get the jar in my shared resources. I tried the following three ways :</p>
<p> </p>
<p>1. <strong><em>Report Project -> Properties -> Report Design -> Classpath -> Add external jars </em></strong> --- then I added the jar but I'm not seeing it when I try to add jar files to rpt design</p>
<p> </p>
<p>2. <strong><em>Directly added .jar file to Report Project</em></strong> -still I'm not seeing it when I try to add jar files to rpt design.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>3. <strong><em>Report Project -> Properties -> Report Design -> Classpath -> Add jars -> selected the jar file from the Report Project itself (added to project in step 2 above) </em></strong> --- then I added the jar but I'm not seeing it when I try to add jar files to rpt design.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm using BIRT 4.3.2</p>
pricher
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Option 2 above should work. Can you export your project and post it to the forum?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>P.</p>
micajblock
<p>If you used the file system to copy the jar you will need to refresh the project in BIRT.</p>
New_Bee
<p>Thanks for the responses. <br><br>
I'm able to get the jar file in shared resources and I have now added it to the rptdesign. I did the following :</p>
<p> </p>
<p><em><strong>Report Project -> Properties -> Report Design ->Resource -> Resource Folder - > ${workspace_loc: Report_Project_Name}</strong></em></p>
<p> </p>
<p>After this I was able to get the .jar file in shared resources.<br><br><br>
But I'm facing another problem now. </p>
<p>I have a hashmap in the .jar file and I need to read the values from the .jar's hashmap and use in my report. I'm doing the following:</p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>importPackage(Packages.com.demo.abc);<br>
var obj= new myClass1(); </strong><span style="font-size:12px;">//<em> the .jar </em></span><em>of the class "myClass1"</em><em> is added to the rptdesign </em></p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong> <br>
sortedMap = new TreeMap(obj.hmap); </strong><span style="font-size:12px;"><em>// hmap is the hashmap in the class "myClass1"</em></span></p>
<p><strong>.</strong></p>
<p><strong>.</strong></p>
<p><strong>.</strong></p>
<p><strong><code follows></strong></p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm getting the following error :</p>
<p> </p>
<p><em><strong>ReferenceError: "myClass1" is not defined. (/report/method[
@name="
;beforeFactory"]#5)</strong></em></p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks</p>
micajblock
<p>Please start a new topic as this is new question and will help others later searching for answers.</p>
pricher
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Where you instantiate your class, use the full package name, as in:</p>
<p> </p>
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;"><strong>var obj= new </strong><strong>com.demo.abc.</strong><strong>myClass1(); </strong><span style="font-size:12px;">//<em> the .jar </em></span><em>of the class "myClass1"</em><em> is added to the rptdesign </em></p>
<div> </div>
<div>Hope this helps,</div>
<div> </div>
<div>P.</div>
New_Bee
<p>Thanks for the response
@pricher
. I'm still facing issues though. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>
@mblock
Sure I'll start a new topic for this new issue.</p>