Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Get column index to dataset.
divxovore
<p>Hello,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have a report with a main table, and in each cell there is a subtable.</p>
<p>I would like get the column index of the main table and pass this value into the 'Dataset parameter binding' of the subtable .</p>
<p> </p>
<p>How can achieve this ?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Clement Wong
<p>I am not aware of an out of the box function that will return the column index. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Since you are designing the report, wouldn't you know the column # to pass in? What is your use case?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The closest would be either use a global variable and increment in the "Data Set Parameter Binding..." of the subtable for each cell/subtable.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Or this won't get the actual index, but you can get the report item's Element ID via reportContext.getDesignHandle().findElement("subTable").getContainer().getID();</p>
divxovore
<p>Thanks Clement, Use an increment in the dataset parameter binding resolve my problem.</p>