Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Create master page footer on the basis dataset rows
anitaV
<p>I need to create labels in master page footer on the basis of data set rows. Means if the data set has two row then first label (attached with first row of data set) should be printed on first page and second label (attached with second row of data set) should be printed on second page and so on...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am new to BIRT so it will be really appreciable if any one can help me on this implementation.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
anitaV
<p>Please help me on this.. If anyone have any idea..</p>
jfranken
<p>Hi AnitaV,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have attached a sample report that hopefully will help. The report uses the Classic Models database that comes with BIRT Designer. Here are the steps:</p>
<p> </p>
<ul><li>Create a data set, choose a table from the DB that has an image field. </li>
<li>Drag the data set to the layout to create a table.</li>
<li>Go to the Page Break property for the table and set Page Break Interval = 1.</li>
<li>Right click the image field in the table and select Edit Value/Expression.</li>
<li>Open the Expression editor and add code to save the image to a global variable. Note: I tried to use an array but the array was not accessible on the Master Page.</li>
<li>Add an Image element from the Palette tab to the Master Page footer.</li>
<li>In the onRender event of the image, add code to get the image for each page and display it in the footer.</li>
</ul><p>The report will display the image from row 1 of the table in the page 1 footer. It displays the image from row 2 of the table in the page 2 footer, etc.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I hope this helps,</p>
<p>Jeff</p>
anitaV
<p>Thanks for the reply.. But I have one more query in this.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I need to show the image through URI and need to send some data from data set to URI and on first page I am not able to get the data. how will I show the image on first page also.</p>
anitaV
<p>This has been done using global variable and pageNumber viariable. I am using pageNumber variable to get the image URI but I am facing an issue with pageNumber variable, when the page breaks automatically (as per the data). In this case pageNumber variable is not incrementing. Also it looks like that image 'onRender' event is not being called on second page.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Is there any way to get right pageNumber in this case or render the image again so that I can increment the global variable and use that in master page footer image.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any help will be appriciable. Please help.</p>
anitaV
<p>Please help... This is really very urgent..</p>