Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Generating PDF Birt Report through PHP Application
kdevouassoux
<p>Hello everyone,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have a problem, and could not fin any suitable solution online.</p>
<p>I have a PHP application and I need to be able to generate dynamically Birt Report.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I used to generate reports with the genReport.sh script, that loads one instance of birt, but it takes a loooong time to generate (loading the entire JVM / loading the classes and generating can take up to 30s for a one page report)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>My goal is to have an API / a webservice that I can use to download generated birt reports. I should be able to send the rptdesign parameters, and to choose the export format.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I tried to look for solutions online, but did not find anything...</p>
<p>I tried to install birt-viewer as a tomcat webapp, and I am able to see my reports by URL :</p>
<p>MYSERVEUR/birt-viewer/frameset?__report=MYREPORT.rptdesign</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Performances are good (2 or 3 seconds for the same report that take 30s with the genReport.sh script).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>But I don't see how to use this URL via my PHP Application...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Does anyones know the best way to do this ?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Is the best way to develop a Java application, interconnected with Birt, that will expose an API for generating the report ?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks in advance for your answers.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Kilian.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Clement Wong
<p>It's not clear how your PDF will be delivered. Why not have your PHP application just redirect (or launch a new tab/window) to run the report with a PDF format?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Example:</p>
<p>/birtviewer/frameset?__report=yourreport.rptdesign&<strong>__format=PDF</strong></p>
<p> </p>
<p>OS BIRT Viewer Reference @ <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://www.eclipse.org/birt/documentation/integrating/viewer-usage.php'>http://www.eclipse.org/birt/documentation/integrating/viewer-usage.php</a></p>
;