Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
A parameter value cannot be converted to the type expected
gousemohiddin
<div>Hi</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Recently I changed my JDBC driver(Native Driver) to ODBC driver for actuate reports. When I run the report in Native driver, reports are generating with out any issue. But when I run using ODBC driver getting the following error.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>C:\Program Files (x86)\Actuate11\eRDPro\afc\db.bas Line: 187 Database Error 12: A parameter value cannot be converted to the type expected. </div>
<div>Do you want to debug?</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Please help me to resolve this.</div>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>e.Reports, right? It is most likely you will need to rebuild the query also as these are designed specifically based on the data connection.</p>
gousemohiddin
<p>Hi Mica,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks for your response. I tried to debug my actuate report and it seems problem with my stored procedure with return value. I have stored Proc in my report with output parameter as cursor. I defined the output parameter as following. </p>
<p> </p>
<div> stmt.DefineProcedureOutputParameter( "OUT_CUR_RESULTS", V_CPOINTER );</div>
<div> </div>
<div>After this line am getting the <span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">Database Error 12: A parameter value cannot be converted to the type expected error</span></div>
<div>Is there any other way to set this in ODBC?</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Please help me.</div>
<div><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;"> </span></div>
micajblock
<p>What is your database? In general ODBC deals with stored procedures differently than native connections. Have you tried recreating the data source?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Support might be your best option.</p>
gousemohiddin
<p>I am using Oracle 11g database. I have created new data source and working for some other reports which doesn't have Stored procedures.</p>
micajblock
<p>OK, so why are you moving to ODBC? What is wrong with native?</p>
gousemohiddin
<p>we are changing iconsole servers to linux env. These servers are not supporting for native driver. They suggested us to use ODBC drivers.</p>
micajblock
<p>'They', I am guessing you mean support. In any case if my memory serves me right ODBC stored procedures are completely different that Oracle. I do remember if the ODBC driver for Oracle supports the SP Builder. You might need to use a textual data source. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I still think support is your best avenue.</p>